Thursday, October 3, 2013

October Already

I can't believe it's already October.  It seems like I've just been waiting and waiting for summer to end, and suddenly it's October.  But I guess that makes sense, the seasons here seem to be about a month behind what I'm used to.

It's not cool yet, but we're heading in that direction.  The temperature seems to be hovering right between the low 80s and high 70s.  The leaves haven't started turning yet either, but I hear they'll be beautiful when they do.  They've got the decorating down though, harvest decorations are all over the place.

Display at the Flower Market

I keep thinking about how a year ago John and I were in Colorado, visiting family, eating delicious food, hiking in the Rocky Mountains, and loving the bright yellow aspen leaves.  It was a wonderful time.

Loch Vale on the way to Sky Pond
It also makes me realize that we've been here for almost a year now.  Fall is the final season that I haven't experienced in Japan, but I expect it will be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment