Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Shiba Koen

Last week I had lunch with friends in Shiba Koen. It was fun to socialize a little in the middle of the day, and later in the afternoon I got to explore the area a little more.

I had read that in the park there was a ten meter man-made gorge with a waterfall, which I was really excited to see. Shiba Koen is pretty big so it took a little while to figure out where it is, but it's in the corner of the park right by Tokyo Tower.

Shiba Koen Walking Trail
As you can see "gorge" is a bit of an exaggeration. I would call it a walking trail carved into a small hill. But it was still beautiful. There are several benches so it would make a good picnic or coffee break spot.

Raku contemplating the waterfall
 We didn't look closely, but the temple in Skiba Koen, Zojo-ji, is supposed to have the burial place of six Tokugawa Shoguns, but not Ieyasu - he's in Nikko.

Reminds me of home
 Just as we left the lights on Tokyo Tower came on, and we got some great pre-sunset pictures.

At the base of Tokyo Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment