Thursday, December 13, 2012

What I've Been Cooking

Unlike last summer, I've been trying to cook a lot more despite our tiny kitchen.  Not only is it more economical, but I think it's also important to make us feel more settled. That being said, once we get into our new apartment we'll definitely have to check out the neighborhood restaurants.  We've had lots of pastas and salads and chicken, but here are a few photos from this week.



Beef Stew: Perfect for a cold night and a husband who has been craving more meat.



This was especially fun.  I made cauliflower fritters, the latest recipe from Smitten Kitchen, my favorite food blogger.  And sausage with apples.  I haven't had this in forever, but I still remember helping my mom slice the apples to make this when I was a kid.


Ok, so I didn't cook these.  But I found a bakery that made them!  Chocolate drizzled donut/ Christmas wreaths and Darjeeling Tea flavored marshmallows - yum!


And I haven't made this yet, but have you ever seen a more gorgeous vegetable?  It's called Roman Cauliflower.  Once I learn more about it and how to cook it I'll do a full blog about it.

Up next - apartment hunting (House Hunters style for David and Margaret)

No comments:

Post a Comment