Friday, December 21, 2012

Childhood Memories

When I was a little kid my sister and I had a Heidi video that we used to watch all the time.  I have no idea where it came from, it was on a hand-labeled VHS, and at the time I assumed it had been recorded from PBS (like many of our childhood videos - haha).

Last summer I discovered that the movie was a Japanese anime from the 70's!  It was dubbed into English in 1985 and although it was popular internationally, it seems like it was only distributed through small Asian markets in the US.  Now I really have no idea how my parents got a hold of it!  I didn't even know what anime was until high school, and was totally surprised last year to realize the origin of my beloved childhood movie.

I just discovered that Japan Post is introducing Heidi stamps next month!  I can't wait to buy them.


Aren't they adorable?  Now I know why her little goat friend is named Yuki!  Yuki means snow in Japanese, and he's pure white.

P.S.  I did a little housekeeping on the blog today and added labels to all our posts.  But more importantly - you'll see to the right I finally added a place where you can sign up to have each new blog post emailed to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment