Tuesday, December 4, 2012


This is my first blog post. Wendy is responsible for the rest. I'm mostly talking about a few pictures that I took. 

First, this is raisin still on the vine! They didn't taste much better than regular raisins, but the presentation is perfect.  




Second, this is a picture of the Christmas lights at Tokyo Midtown (a mixed use development that includes a mall). You can't tell from the picture, but the lights flash to create a sort of video. This picture is from really close so you can see the individual lights, but from far away they're less noticeable.


Finally, this is a picture of the camera that I just bought. I traded in old camera and lenses and with the money that I got I bought this new camera (Fujifilm X100). It worked out that I only had to pay an additional $15 to purchase this camera. It had to do all of this in Japanese so it was my first really Japanese test since coming back to Tokyo.

I've been thinking about getting this camera for a little while and finally decided to trade in all my other camera equipment because I wasn't really using it. My old camera was really big and so it was quite a commitment to take it anywhere. Also, it was very noticeable so I couldn't really take pictures of people without them wondering why a giant camera was pointed there way.

Though this camera is small, its got the same size sensor as my old camera. The only downside is that you can't change the lens. I haven't actually gotten to take a picture yet because I'm waiting for the SD card that I bought online to arrive. I'll post some pictures of what I've taken soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment