Saturday, May 25, 2013

Late Spring

The weather has been wonderful for the past couple of weeks.  It's warm and breezy, and perfect to be outside most of the time.  I know that rainy season (tsuyu) is only a few weeks away and after that the terrible heat and humidity of summer, but for now I'm enjoying all the time I can outside.

There's a little park near our apartment that has lovely flowers all year round (the winter cabbages and camellias are both from here) but it has suddenly exploded into a gorgeous rose garden.



 I found a really fantastic kiwi popsicle at the 7-Eleven.  The outside is like a regular fruit popsicle, but the inside is a crunchier icy texture more like a snow cone.  It also comes in the blue flavor "Soda" and the super gross "Corn Potage" flavor.  (What is Japan's obsession with corn potage?)


Speaking on 7-Eleven snacks, I found some passion fruit flavored kitkats earlier this week. They smelled nice but tasted a little strange.  I'm not the biggest passion fruit fan to begin with though, so they're probably great if you are a fan.  The coating seemed to melt just a little faster than the chocolate does.



Besides enjoying the weather I've been getting a lot of writing done.  One day Raku and I were in Omotesando writing outside at the fancy Starbucks, but also having a great time people watching.  At one point a lady walked by with seven little fluffy dogs that were all the same size and color.

She must work for a pet store 

Then later out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a big animal walking down the street.  When I looked up there was a man with a donkey selling flowers.

Not your average sight on a Tokyo street



No comments:

Post a Comment