Friday, May 29, 2015

Summer Vacation

I can't believe how quickly the spring has flown by! May has been a wonderful month of warm weather and everything has sprung back into bloom in the city - it's so lush and green right now. Rainy season and then the sweltering summer will be here too soon, but the time is filling up with so many plans that I'm still looking forward to it.

John and I leave tomorrow morning with Raku and her husband for a week long vacation in Cambodia and Vietnam. This will be our first time in Southeast Asia, and I'm really excited for it. We'll be visiting Angkor Wat in Cambodia and then spending the second half of our trip in Hanoi. The weather is supposed to be brutally hot, but I hope that it makes the summer in Japan more bearable in comparison. I'll definitely be blogging all about our trip once we're back.

When we return from Vietnam a friend of ours from high school who currently lives in Kyushu will be in Tokyo, so it will be fun to catch up with her. Then just a week after that John's sister will arrive for her two week visit! After that things will calm down for a little bit, but in August we'll be going back to the US for John's brother's wedding. All of the upcoming visitors and travel are making me giddy with excitement. 

One of my favorite baristas drew a picture of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment