Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Wonderful News

So, this doesn't have anything to do with living in Japan, and honestly it's not even that much about my life. But I just need to take a minute to brag about my mom. (Who's arriving in Tokyo later this week!)

My mom is pretty shy and not very technologically inclined, but a year ago she joined match.com. And she totally fell for the very first guy she was matched with! It has been absolutely adorable to watch her goofy grins and hear about her adventures in dating over facetime. We all knew it was coming sooner or later, but yesterday I got the official news that they're engaged!

I could not be more thrilled for such a sweet (if a little crazy - ha, love you mom!) woman to find such a wonderfully kind man. When I went back to the US last month I got to meet him, and they're great together. Who would have guessed that the great love of her life was hiding out in rural eastern North Carolina?

Tons of love to the both of them.  And just for fun, here's a photo of some heart shaped lemons I found in the grocery store. They seem oddly appropriate.


1 comment:

  1. Heart-shaped lemons for the occasion - and I'm the one that's a little crazy?

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete