Thursday, January 14, 2016

New Arrival

I met a brand new human being this week, and it was pretty amazing! It's funny to think about because I've worked with children so much in my life, and even nannied in the past, but I think this is the first baby I've met as a newborn since my sister was born when I was four.

That's right, my amazing friend Raku had her baby just a few days ago. He is tiny and sleeps more than I thought he would, and I totally cried when I met him. Raku was so strong and graceful and inspiring through her whole pregnancy and birth (I wasn't actually there for the birth, but I know she was.) I'm not sure why exactly, but I have always been deeply frightened of pregnancy and childbirth. Watching Raku through this whole experience was a really reassuring and amazing gift and I am a lot less scared than I used to be. She's probably too busy and sleepy to be reading this, but please join me in thanking and congratulating her anyways!



No comments:

Post a Comment