Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I was torn as to whether we should try to do something to approximate Thanksgiving today or if I should just give up and do something really Japanese like eat ramen.  But in the end I decided to give it a shot despite our small kitchen.

While John was at work (he gets Friday off instead) I did some grocery shopping, with some entertaining finds.

I saw this mistake in more than one store

So, our final menu was chicken picata, mashed potatoes, and green beans with almonds.  I also found a place to buy pie and got a slice of pecan for John and apple for myself.

Here's our dinner

And our pie

Other than that things are pretty good.  My friends from Hong Kong are coming to visit tomorrow, so it should be a good weekend.  There's not much to report on the apartment front.  But in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is what I am thankful for this year.

1.  Being married to my wonderful husband and getting to share this new adventure with him.

2.  Kind and supportive friends and family that we have here and around the world.

3.  That the dollar has been getting stronger against the yen all week.

Hope you all have happy Thanksgivings!

No comments:

Post a Comment