Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Fourth of July!

I've been so absent over here! Just as I suspected, John's sister arrived and I got completely wrapped up in all the things we were doing. I've spent this whole week trying to get myself back to my regular routine, but I'm only now making it back to the blog.

It's hard to believe it's already July. (Happy Independence Day!) The weather has been very mild so far this summer. I'm sure the heat will come in time, but so far it's been much cooler than last year. This week we've been having loads of rain, but even though Ellie's visit also fell during rainy season we had exceptionally good weather during those weeks.

John and I had such a great time showing Ellie all of our favorite things about Japan, and exploring some new things that she was interested in as well. Some of the highlights included going to a bunny and hedgehog cafe, Disneyland, visiting a restaurant from one of Ellie's favorite manga and a cafe themed after an anime, going to Studio Ghibli, and picnicking on the banks of the Tama River. John and Ellie were also able to take a weekend trip to Kyoto thanks to an incredibly generous gift. We've never had a visitor stay as long as she did, and it was amazing how much we were able to do in the time she was here.

I could ramble on forever about everything we did, but for once I'll let the pictures do the talking. (But not for long. This week I'm definitely going to write all about the trip John and I took to Vietnam and Cambodia, and I'm sure I'll ramble plenty then.)



No comments:

Post a Comment